"Free, friendly, professional support and advice for families..."
Welcome to the Families First Children and Young People's strand website
Families First is a Welsh Government funded programme to help support families, children and young people up to 25 years living in Newport.
Families First's over-arching aim is to reduce the impact of poverty by employing a multi-agency approach focusing on prevention and early intervention.
About Families First 'Children and Young People' Newport
- Aged 11 to 25?
- Living in the Newport area?
- Need support to access training and employment opportunities?
- Have a young person not reaching their full academic potential in school?
- Know a young person who is low or non-school attendee?
- Have a young person with sexual health concerns?
- Know a young person at risk of anti-social behaviour?
We can help...
Our approach is to provide flexible one-to-one support tailor-made to cater to your needs. Together we can produce an action plan that will enable you to meet your goals – and where appropriate we work in partnership with other agencies and services so that you receive the very best in specialist support.